Skip to main content

Changes are changes


Hello, today I’m going to write about my wishes around the changes of my study program. In this time, our program of Psychology is being reformulated thinking in the future students. The team in charge of is the Curricular Innovation team, and they seem very interested in modify the study program in pursuit of the comprehensive training and the well-being.

If the work of transform my study program would depend on me, the changes that I would make to my study program are: I would reduce the homework that the subjects take into account, because we need time to read the texts that are essential to win knowledge. The homework is a big thing in our study program: sometimes we have to do tests in our homes.

In the specialization period, I would add new subjects, especially about some areas of psychology that are “hidden” in our academic trainings; these are: juridical and communitarian psychology. Also, I would like to question the bad habit of our University to normalize the high standard of demand.

In the “communication with other faculties” aspect, I´d love that our program had an option to take courses that complement our specific knowledge and open our close perspectives. While today we have the option, the process to take one is very tedious.

To make a vocational decision it was so hard for me, but today, when I feel the satisfaction of being in this campus and faculty, and of course when I feel like a real psychology student I think that it was a good election.   

Comments

  1. I hate to do tests at home, because they take a lot of time (at least they aren't very frequent) and I strongly agree that taking courses is a tedious process, I hope someday it will be easier to take one, maybe if there were more vacancies or more extracurricular courses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Personal opinions

What is your opinion about legalizing abortion in some cases? I am absolutely convinced that the body belongs to each one of us. For that reason I´m totally agree with the three cases of abortion categorized in the recent and necessary law. Besides, I hope that the regulation of abortion gets an upgrade and finally becomes in free abortion, ensuring the clarity of the information, the bio psychosocial well-being (therapeutic company, equal access, etc.). All is only because the woman deserves to make a decision, the decision that she thinks is better. What is your opinion about recycling? I am reasonably sure that the recycling was the past (but we take conscious later), is the present (we are doing something, a little but something) and is the future (we had a long time to understand that the world, our environment needs care, accumulative care). The recycling is an essential process that makes the garbage suitable for reuse. All our waste, all our inorganic trash has the p

Belle and Sebastian again!

  Hello partners! How are you? In this enter I’m going to write about the most incredible concert that I’ve had in my life (and the second and last): I’m talking about Belle and Sebastian live performance.   One day, I was navigating in Belle and Sebastian’ Facebook page and I found an advertisement that promoted their around the world’ tour. When I saw it, the only thing that I hoped it was that Chile was considered in their list. Fortunately for Chilean fans, the band wanted to come back to the country in two years.           First of all, I remember the precise date of the live performance: It was on 22th October, 2015. The entry to the concert was really great. When I arrived to Teatro Caupolicán, I received a photograph of me with some of the belongings of the members of the band (I was very excited for that!).   Then, I noticed that the gallery was almost empty, which allowed me to get a privileged position. In the middle of the concert, I felt a pleasant feeling becaus

Sunny food

  Hello, today I’m going to talk about my favorite food of all the times. In first place, I have to say that I’m not so good at making decisions. So, I’m going to pick three of the mouth-watering foods that exist to me: porotos granados, humitas y pastel de choclo. In my grandma’ house there is a vegetable garden where she grows beans, corn, basil, pumpkins, etc.   All these products are the basic substrates to make the marvelous home-cooked food. In this sense, I have to recognize that I eat my fist favorite food (porotos Granados) every weekend in summer. Also, in that season I enjoy the humitas frequently in despite of the difficulty of cooking this (and many flies fly around them).    When I changed my diet to the vegetarian one, I was afraid because that decision would generate that, for example, I couldn’t eat my third favorite food. But my grandma showed up like a super heroin and made a Pastel de choclo with a base of soy.   Unbelievably, the taste was exactly the same,