Skip to main content

Carey Lander, a portrait of peace

  This photo means so much to me. You can see a beautiful, smart and talented woman. Her name is Carey Lander and she was part of the indie and twee pop band Camera Obscura, specifically she played the synthesizer and she was the principal chorus girl. I write in past because she died on October 11, 2015; four years after her cancer diagnosis.
  After she found out about her illness, she entered to an organization (Sarcoma UK) that collects money to help people with osteosarcoma, an aggressive malignant neoplasm in a bone (a type of primary bone cancer). Lander created a page for Sarcoma UK in order to raise awareness of the disease and lack of funding for research and treatment. Until now (October 30, 2017), the campaign has collected £102,99. In consequence, she was a responsible and sensible woman; all that you can see in the picture.
  Like a curiosity, if you look every photo of Carey, you could find an effective source of serenity, love and happiness. In the case of you don’t believe me; her band mates, her family and her fans would tell you with any doubt that it works.

Carey Lander said: It's probably too late to help me, but it would be great if we could find something in the future that means children don't have to undergo such awful treatment and have a better chance of survival.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes are changes

Hello, today I’m going to write about my wishes around the changes of my study program. In this time, our program of Psychology is being reformulated thinking in the future students. The team in charge of is the Curricular Innovation team , and they seem very interested in modify the study program in pursuit of the comprehensive training and the well-being. If the work of transform my study program would depend on me, the changes that I would make to my study program are: I would reduce the homework that the subjects take into account, because we need time to read the texts that are essential to win knowledge. The homework is a big thing in our study program: sometimes we have to do tests in our homes. In the specialization period, I would add new subjects, especially about some areas of psychology that are “hidden” in our academic trainings; these are: juridical and communitarian psychology. Also, I would like to question the bad habit of our University to normalize the high...

A big decision

  First of all, I would like to mention that my vocational decision to enter to the University was too hard. I had so many interests (and I’m still having it). For that reason, I think that the system of postgraduate studies is made for me (an egocentric perspective) because I could choose different courses and subjects that would complement my base career. Also, I think that when I finish Psychology I would like to study other Program.   The variety is dangerous for me. When I think in my postgraduate studies I feel confused again. However, nowadays the interrelation between different areas of knowledge has good “status” (multidisciplinary). If I had to choose today, I would like to study courses like drama, literature or ecology. If you are wondering why I don’t consider subjects in a direct relation to the Psychology, I’m doing it too.     I think that the postgraduate studies are the best opportunity to travel to other places, because your academic training...

Belle and Sebastian again!

  Hello partners! How are you? In this enter I’m going to write about the most incredible concert that I’ve had in my life (and the second and last): I’m talking about Belle and Sebastian live performance.   One day, I was navigating in Belle and Sebastian’ Facebook page and I found an advertisement that promoted their around the world’ tour. When I saw it, the only thing that I hoped it was that Chile was considered in their list. Fortunately for Chilean fans, the band wanted to come back to the country in two years.           First of all, I remember the precise date of the live performance: It was on 22th October, 2015. The entry to the concert was really great. When I arrived to Teatro Caupolicán, I received a photograph of me with some of the belongings of the members of the band (I was very excited for that!).   Then, I noticed that the gallery was almost empty, which allowed me to get a privileged position. In the middle of the co...