Skip to main content

The music is a place and the place is the music


  I would like to visit Glasgow, Scotland. Why I choose this far-off destination? First of all, I would like to comment that my favorite bands are Belle and Sebastian and Camera Obscura. Amazingly both come from the largest and populous city of Scotland: the beautiful and colorful Glasgow. Therefore, the greatest reason to choose Glasgow like…is to know how the environment (people, typical food, buildings, etc.) of the city influences the music style and lyrics creations of the members of the bands. I
 It seems strange to think that my favorite style of music comes from to the same place and my purpose would be to discover this mystery going across the avenues of the third most populous city in the United Kingdom. Obviously, I will do my best to reach a meeting with them (I would not lose anything trying it). If my efforts don’t work, Glasgow has many other attractions (unfortunately none of them is better than knowing my idols) like biggest castles, modern buildings, pretty parks and canals, etc.
  


Comments

  1. it's an interesting option to visit the place where your idols come from...that way you can understand their music better. I like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Horacio, I have heard about Belle and Sebastian, but I didn't know that they are from Scotland, far less from Glasgow, I just know that city because I had heard about Glasgow Music Festival. Well, I hope someday you can go there, anyway if you couldn't know your favorite bands, you can know the beauty of Scotland as you said.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changes are changes

Hello, today I’m going to write about my wishes around the changes of my study program. In this time, our program of Psychology is being reformulated thinking in the future students. The team in charge of is the Curricular Innovation team , and they seem very interested in modify the study program in pursuit of the comprehensive training and the well-being. If the work of transform my study program would depend on me, the changes that I would make to my study program are: I would reduce the homework that the subjects take into account, because we need time to read the texts that are essential to win knowledge. The homework is a big thing in our study program: sometimes we have to do tests in our homes. In the specialization period, I would add new subjects, especially about some areas of psychology that are “hidden” in our academic trainings; these are: juridical and communitarian psychology. Also, I would like to question the bad habit of our University to normalize the high...

A big decision

  First of all, I would like to mention that my vocational decision to enter to the University was too hard. I had so many interests (and I’m still having it). For that reason, I think that the system of postgraduate studies is made for me (an egocentric perspective) because I could choose different courses and subjects that would complement my base career. Also, I think that when I finish Psychology I would like to study other Program.   The variety is dangerous for me. When I think in my postgraduate studies I feel confused again. However, nowadays the interrelation between different areas of knowledge has good “status” (multidisciplinary). If I had to choose today, I would like to study courses like drama, literature or ecology. If you are wondering why I don’t consider subjects in a direct relation to the Psychology, I’m doing it too.     I think that the postgraduate studies are the best opportunity to travel to other places, because your academic training...

Belle and Sebastian again!

  Hello partners! How are you? In this enter I’m going to write about the most incredible concert that I’ve had in my life (and the second and last): I’m talking about Belle and Sebastian live performance.   One day, I was navigating in Belle and Sebastian’ Facebook page and I found an advertisement that promoted their around the world’ tour. When I saw it, the only thing that I hoped it was that Chile was considered in their list. Fortunately for Chilean fans, the band wanted to come back to the country in two years.           First of all, I remember the precise date of the live performance: It was on 22th October, 2015. The entry to the concert was really great. When I arrived to Teatro Caupolicán, I received a photograph of me with some of the belongings of the members of the band (I was very excited for that!).   Then, I noticed that the gallery was almost empty, which allowed me to get a privileged position. In the middle of the co...